Monday, November 2, 2009

Storytellers

Using the link below, listen to a story and respond:

1) What was the story about? (2-3 sentences)
2) How did the presenter use voice (pauses, tone, levels, etc.)? (2-3 sentences)
3) What did you like about the story and how can you use it with your speech? (2-3 sentences)

http://www.storyteller.net/stories/audio

10 comments:

  1. The Babysitter
    1)It's about a babysitter that keeps getting prank calls. He says he's going to kill her and the kids she'd babysitting.
    2)The reader used pauses to make the story more suspenceful and scary. He also used a scary voice for the person on the phone.
    3)I thought the story was pretty good. I'll try to use different voices for the different charicters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Hamilton, it won't let me listen to the stories on my computer so I will do it at school ok ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what was civil about that war?
    1. This story is about a lady talking to a boy about the civil war and what the Irish burgade had to do and what they went through during the war.

    2. The reader used pauses very well when she was talking. she did not have very much change in her voice between characters though.

    3. I think this story was good. It told what soldiers had to go through. I think this stroy will help me figure out where to put apuses in my story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect Match
    1. It's about a women who likes somebody name Dave back in Junior year. And she use this website to check out her perfect match and ask a lot questions. And then one day at the high school dance she was match with some guy name Danny. And then she start laughing and people laugh to.
    2. The reader use her voice deeper and then went higher. And then she speak little lower at the middle and start talking slowly.
    3. I think this story is pretty good. I think it will help me make my voice louder while I read hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1)The story is talking about fairies baking and then finding them gone. Its also about losing, finding, and loaning things.
    2)She uses different tones for different characters.
    3)I liked that she used a soft voice when needed and a different tone when needed, I can use both different ton and a soft voice in my story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The stoy was about a babysitter getting prank calls. And the man thats calling is threatening her and the kids, saying he'll kill them.
    The male that was callinq was doing pauses and making a scary voice. Also his emotion and anger in his voice made them panic.
    I like this story because it reminded me of when we use to prank call. But we never threatened people. Also i would use ths in the future cause I don't take pranks seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mama's Lil Angel
    1.)The story was about this lil boy named Anthony and he was really bad and everytimes he did something to someone and they tried to tell his mother she would never believe them because she thought that he son was the apple of her eye and mamas lil angel he would never do something like that. Until one day Anthony climb a tree and got stuck and after being in the tree for 2 days, a man came by and saw him and called his mom. His mom came and said that the boy she know is the apple of her eye and mamas lil angel would never do that and so she said that boy i dont know, so Anthony mom turned around and walk away.

    2.)The presenter used different voices and it came to different characters.

    3.)What i like about the story was that it was not boring and it was funny. What i would from this story is the voices because that would make my story more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The King's Wise Advisor
    1.) This tale is about a King realizing he has a good advior. The King had fired his advisor because he always said "this is great" no matter what had happened, whether it was good or bad. When the king had fired his advisor the advisor left him in the forest. Some people came and kidnapped the king and was going to sacrifice him for their king but then they realized his foot was bleeding and let him go. He came back to his palace and told his advisor that he understood why he always said "this is great".
    2.) The presenter did very well i thought she used her voice perfectly. she was clear on all her words. By listening to her I could tell what emotion she was trying to get across.
    3.)I liked the story itself and I like the how the presenter used her voice she was very smooth, used just enough emotion and emphasis. I could use this with my speech because there are words that have a certain feeling with them, and if I use that emotion of emphasis my speech will turn out great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Papachu
    1.it is about a daughter whose dad wants her to marry the most powerful thing of all. first it is the sun. then its the cloud and then the wind. then the wall and then a mouse.
    2. the storyteller used their voice by making different voices for different characters. they went louder at happy times. she also use sound effect too.
    3.i loved the story. it was awesome. the presenter used different voices for different characters. i could use that in my since i have some characters. i can also use emphasis to make the point of my story.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Story I listened to was "Ugliest Cat".
    1.The narrator talks about how his mother had a "soft spot" for ugly animals. One day an ugly cat arrived at his house and the narrator's mother fell in love with the cat. He says that the cat was ugly and weird.
    2.The narrator raises his voice when he is describing how the cat screams and how excited to his mother was to see the "ugly cat". The narrator didn't exactly pause, in my opinion he kept going without pauses.
    3.I liked how he used different voices. But, I wouldn't exactly use what he did in my speech.

    ReplyDelete