Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Welcome!

Each week, you will be responding to a post here. We will be discussing current events, school issues and brainstorming topics.

For our first post, let's brainstorm how I (as your teacher) should grade the blog responses.

See the rubric below for more help.

Evaluation:
A: Excellent
The blog post is thoughtful, original, and relevant and provides insight to your learning and your engagement with your classmates, the activities, and course content. Excellent posts are reflections on your learning process in the course and demonstrate critical thinking (you reflect, apply, report, explain, defend, refute, question, self-assess, summarize, synthesize, and analyze your ideas about course content). You make a significant contribution as a member of our class. The writing from blogging posts is clear, concise, and easy to understand. Ideas and responses are communicated clearly and coherently. Responses are posted on time and go above and beyond the minimum expectations.

B: Above Average
The blog post lacks at least one of the above qualities, but is above average in quality. An above average post makes a significant contribution to our discussion and our understanding of your thinking about the chosen topics. The writing is concise, but may need some further explanation to be truly understood. Responses are posted on time.

C: Average
The blog post lacks at least two of the required qualities. Comments that are average often include personal opinions with little backing and fall back on personal experiences. Responses are posted on time.

D: Below Average
The blog post shows little or no reflection or insight. A below average post is usually made up supportive comments like, “I agree with…” but gives little or no response beyond that. Responses may not be posted on time.

F: Unacceptable
The blog post shows no effort and adds no value to the discussion.

10 comments:

  1. looks good to me.. but i think if you blog something your shouldnt get a F

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea it is good. i like it. i agree with keri.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this a good rubric on how to grade the blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rubric works just dont grade it too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the rubrics good. I think it'll be easy to pass

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah I believe the rubrics are pretty good. And also it seems easy to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the rubic is good!! But, every student should be sure to proof-read their posts before they submit the posts for a grade. Other than that the rubic is fair.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the rubric is good and i also agree with keri.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks good to me..i agree with everyone :)

    ReplyDelete